Claims Sales Engineer
Reporting to the AVP Sales, the Claims Sales Engineer will work as part of a team providing technical sales support to the sales consultant in effort to create the optimal outcome for OneShield sales opportunities. Claims Sales Engineers have to be excellent collaborators and have the capacity for solutioning to address client pain points with OneShield’s Enterprise and OMS products. Claims Sales Engineers must be efficient communicators and presenters, as a large part of their job involves demonstrating software.
- Help qualify deals with sales using their deep understanding of the product.
- Work with product and technology teams to understand new features and functions and how that translates to business benefit for sales and marketing.
- Interact, collaborate and listen to customers throughout the selling process to ensure their needs are properly understood and being addressed.
- Create and deliver product demonstrations, including product overviews, detailed demonstrations, and client-driven scripted deep dives and ‘hands-on’ sessions.
- Assist in production of RFP’s through authoring responses to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Understand, translate and map clients functional or business requirements to the product offerings and help customer evaluate the benefit.
- Coordinate internal review meetings and presentations in cooperation with other members of the sales team or related support functions.
- In conjunction with Sales Executive, collect and document prospective customer requirements based on interactions with prospect and work internally with Technical groups to create and refine the client presentations.
- Support sales team in selling efforts while fostering strong relationships with prospective clients.
- Support marketing initiatives through trade show activities and marketing material development.
- Ensure smooth transition to technical teams of the business and functional requirements agreed with customer and enable initial hand holding and relationship building with customer.
- Technical knowledge in applications.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills as demonstrated through presentation development and delivery experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in the enterprise and tier two business application claims software industry, specifically in the Insurance sector; Insurance carrier experience is also a strong benefit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current Property & Casualty Claims Insurance environment and marketplace (other insurance markets such as Life insurance, Surety or Healthcare may be considered).
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and business information to widely varied audience.
- Strong coordination, organization, engagement and presentation abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results working independently and as a team member with clear sense of urgency.
- Developed problem-solving skills as demonstrated by examples of creative and out of the box solutions to business issues.
Ability to Travel 30% supporting strategic sales needs, when travel resumes