Data Conversion Architect
The role requires solid experience in analysis and design as well as the development of software applications using JEE/Oracle. This individual must have a solid understanding of the Java platform and software development concepts such as OO and UML. This individual will be responsible for requirements gathering, software design and the ability to set those design plans in motion at an architectural level.
He/she will coordinate development activities and drive software initiatives throughout the entire software development lifecycle. This person must be able to interface effectively with clients, business partners, and internal OneShield team members. In addition to operating at an architectural level, the role will require the completion of hands-on software development work.
- Provide technical leadership on client engagements for data conversion from legacy systems into the OneShield platform.
- Develop and deliver innovative software/architectural solutions that solve our clients’ business problems.
- Identify technical and business challenges, develop architectural specifications to meet requirements and arrive at the best solution.
- Work with internal and external customer technical team members to map customer requirements for technological solutions.
- Identify, define, and communicate technical decisions, concepts, and interrelationships within a complex system.
- Define and document the architectural model and design plans and estimates in enough detail for developers and other stakeholders.
- Create prototypes for technical integration solutions.
- Perform hands-on development work.
- Mentor internal and external development teams.
- Demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise in IT infrastructure, technical architecture design, technology platforms, and architecture evaluation and review.
- Drive working sessions with the client to ensure expectations and direction are aligned and timelines are being met.
- Demonstrate expertise in designing and developing large scale data conversion projects.
- Participate in Internal/External Technical Design sessions and Design Reviews.
- Communicate with business users and project teams including project managers, architects, business analysts, quality assurance analysts, and developers both internally, and with clients/business partners.
- Stay current with all relevant technology developments and find opportunities to use them in customer implementations.
- 12+ years of overall software development experience (working for a Product Development Company in the Enterprise Application Space, specifically in the integration area.
- 5+ years Java experience.
- 5+ years Large Scale Data Conversion Experience.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and modeling.
- Solid understanding of Java/JEE – Experience with Oracle PL/SQL is a plus.
- Ability to create, evaluate, interpret and develop technical designs.
- Solid Java programming skills.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Enterprise/Distributed Systems.
- Experience with WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS, or similar application server implementation.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Knowledge of modern ETL tools and techniques.
- Track record of providing consistent on-time delivery of high-quality solutions.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills required.
- Knowledge of Property and Casualty insurance and related systems is a plus.
Must have a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems/Computer Science or related area of study. Masters’ Degree a plus.