Developer Python – DevOps
Partner with other development and testing teams to improve our tools and processes that streamline the development lifecycle. Champion best practices and standards for building, delivering, and operating reliable services.
- Assist in defining, managing, and creating cloud infrastructure through automation (Infrastructure-as-Code) for repeatable setup.
- Design and implement fully automated CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Bamboo, and AWS technologies.
- Build, manage, and troubleshoot an AWS cloud-based infrastructure on a regular basis.
- Peer review requirements and design artifacts, as well as code and configuration.
- Integration test in Development /Integration regions.
- Communicate with managers and peers on assigned work.
- Follow defined processes and procedures.
- Adapt/Learn/Use any other technologies as required.
Desired Technical Skills
The candidate will have some or all the following skills:
Computer Science Fundamentals
- Strong knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- Knowledge or experience with relational and/or non-relational database systems (MS SQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Knowledge or experience with configuration management systems (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc)
- Knowledge of AWS (Amazon Web Services) or other Cloud platforms
- Database concepts, writing and debugging SQL.
- Good understanding of Data Structures & Algorithms, Database Normalization and Data Integrity, and OOPs.
- PL/SQL programming knowledge (added Advantage).
- Awareness of NoSql will be a plus.
Desired Business Skills
- Good written and oral communication in English.
- Good documentation skills.
- Exposure to ISO/CMM processes & procedures.
- Prior experience or basic understanding of the insurance business and business automation process is a plus.
- A full-time Bachelors’/Masters’ Degree from a recognized university.
- SCJP, SCWCD, SCBCD, and OCP certification will be a plus.
- 3+ years in a business application development role experience in Python-related technologies.
- Knowledge or experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Scripting experience in both Windows and Linux environments with languages like Python, Powershell, and Bash.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development.
- Tier 1 college is preferred.
- Product company background.
- Startup experience is also a plus.
- Proven experience as a full-stack developer is an advantage.
- Experience with OneShield’s Software products will be a plus.
- Candidates are encouraged to mention their open source contribution i.e. Github or other external repository links and other relevant information to showcase their prior work on their resumes.