Play a key role in the continued automation enhancements of the OneShield build/deployment processes. Be a member of the Technical Operations group that is developing and maintaining the internal continuous integration structures to automate application environment, build, deploy, test, and promote software.
- Provide Application support for OneShield Applications when it comes to automation.
- Improve the existing release and deployment process.
- Application monitoring improvement through automation.
- Write Ansible, Maven/Ant scripts to set up the environment(s).
- Create automated build scripts using Python, Ansible, Ant for release management across Dev/QA/Prod environments.
- Review existing CI/CD process and provide inputs to improve.
- Document the enhanced CI/CD pipeline
- Follow and execute Production, QA, Dev and other environmental change control processes.
Must Have Skills
- Experience in integrating tools such as Bamboo, JIRA, Code Coverage tools, Maven, SVN, Jenkins etc.
- Good knowledge of Ansible, Terraform, Apache, Jboss, WebSphere.
- In-depth experience in Build, Release management, Deployment automation process.
- Experience implementing DevOps for Java stack.
- Good understanding of scripting languages such as Python, ANT, Shell Script.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-availableservice
- Prior experience with cloud platform like Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure etc.
- Showcase Services Improvement by Deployment of Application on Cloud Platform using Automation tools available on Cloud platform.
- Knowledge of hypervisors such VMware and AWS EC2/RDS VMware environments.
Good to Have Skills
- Knowledge of configuration tools such as Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, and Continuous Deployment principal.
- Knowledge of basic SQL terminology, errors and exceptions and Oracle packages.
- Knowledge of basic JAVA terminology, errors and exceptions, application server management and java logging configurations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure Platform.
Desired Business Skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- A full time Bachelors’/Masters’ Degree from a recognized university.
- 4 to 8 years DevOps experience.