Director of Implementation
Manage the implementation of multiple projects with a focus on design, best-practices, process-compliance, and technology. Importantly, this role works hand in hand with an AVP or VP of Implementation Services, who has oversight on the project management and business.
- Manage the project teams and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver to agreed timelines, quality and cost.
- Run project scrums.
- Acquire necessary resources including personnel, hardware, software, infrastructure support, etc.
- Triage defects and change requests on a regular basis.
- Integrate OneShield system to customer technology environment.
- Review requirements, estimates, and prioritize as per business needs.
- Communicate the project status with all stakeholders.
- Enforce and evolve best practices and processes to ensure the quality of delivery.
- Motivate the team to achieve a high quality of work and sustained throughput.
- Design skills.
- Sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information.
- Architectural review, design and critical data analysis skills.
- Strong software development experience in any modern language or subsystem preferably Java/J2EE & Oracle based systems.
- Experience with standard Software Development methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Experience with complex technology implementations including multiple integration points.
- Experience managing medium to large scale business application implementations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An eye for detail and the ability to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Innovate, develop new approaches to complex problems.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead large teams to successfully deliver complex projects.
- Able to resolve conflicts between teams and stakeholders and architect win-win solutions.
- An adaptive style that is flexible and effective in gaining the cooperation of others.
- Maintain effective partnerships across the organization and ability to influence senior management, peers, and subordinates through an inclusive style.
- A full-time Bachelors /Masters’ degree
- 10-15 years in a business application development role.
- Minimum 3 years in leadership capacities, either as the project manager or development manager.
- Experience managing cross-functional resource teams of 30 or greater
- Insurance or Financial Services business experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experience using Jira a plus.
- OneShield Enterprise knowledge a real plus
Please Note: We are looking for someone with a strong development background (experience with a product company or a company doing custom implementations based off a product, NOT internal IT development) who has managed a team size of at least 30 or more resources. Insurance domain (Property & Casualty) highly preferred. This is a Developer Manager role, NOT a Project Management role.