Sr. Director of Implementation
Left brain, right brain. Get them both firing on full cylinders…
Creative thinker, strategically focused. Is this you? If so, connect with us. We’re looking for implementation super-stars to lead us to project success!
This critical role works hand in hand with AVP or VP of Implementation Services, who has oversight of the project management and business. Manage the implementation of multiple projects with a focus on design, best-practices, process-compliance, and technology.
- Guide project teams in designing and deploying insurance implementations, using the OneShield platform.
- Manage the project teams and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver to agreed timelines, quality and cost.
- Run project scrums.
- Acquire necessary resources including personnel, hardware, software, infrastructure support, etc.
- Triage defects and change requests on a regular basis.
- Integrate the OneShield platform with the customer’s technology environment.
- Review requirements, estimates and prioritize as per business needs.
- Communicate the project status with all stakeholders.
- Enforce and evolve best practices and processes to ensure the quality of delivery.
- Motivate team to get high quality of work and sustained throughput.
- Design skills.
- Sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information.
- Architectural review, design and critical data analysis skills.
- Strong software development experience in any modern language or subsystem preferably Java/J2EE & Oracle based systems.
- Experience with standard software development methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Experience with complex technology implementations including multiple integration points.
- Experience managing medium to large scale business application implementations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An eye for detail and the ability to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Innovate, develop new approaches to complex problems.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead large teams to successfully deliver complex projects.
- Able to resolve conflicts between teams and stakeholders and architect win-win solutions.
- An adaptive style that is flexible and effective in gaining the cooperation of others.
- Maintain effective partnerships across the organization and ability to influence senior management, peers, and subordinates through an inclusive style.
Education & Experience:
- A full-time Bachelors/Masters’ degree from a recognized university.
- 10 – 15 years in a business application development role.
- Minimum 3 years in leadership capacities, either as the project manager or development manager.
- Insurance or Financial Services business experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experience using Jira will be a plus.
- OneShield Enterprise knowledge will be a plus, but we will train you on our proprietary product.