As Implementation Architect, you will lead the architectural and design effort on a variety of client implementation projects in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. Your role will be to design innovative solutions to address client problems. You will work closely with business analysts, client domain experts, and other implementation engineers to develop a new client implementation by using the OneShield product for Policy Administration.
- Identify and develop appropriate implementation architecture based on requirements and design elements contained within the OneShield application.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure that client implementation requirements can be translated into valid software architecture within the OneShield system.
- Create detailed software design and implement and/or maintain code according to assigned responsibilities.
- Assist Implementers in creating detailed software design specifications.
- Lead software architecture documents review process.
- Analyze risks and report problems in meeting implementation architecture requirements.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compliance schedule.
- Perform periodic evaluation of application performance and security aspects.
- Comply with product development processes.
- Ensure the overall integrity of the implementation architecture and validate it against the OneShield system.
- Integrate internal and external product design to deliver a cohesive user experience.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Mastery in Object Oriented Design, Data Structures, Algorithms, and Programming including full software development life cycle.
- Exposure to PL/SQL or Java programming.
- Exposure to application servers such as Websphere, JBoss, etc.
- Exposure to version control management tools such as SVN, Git, etc.
- Experience in JDBC, SQL and relational database management systems such as, Oracle, SQL Server, or DB2 is required. Exposure to Oracle PL/SQL is a plus.
- Expertise in developing high-performance, dependable and secure client/server applications for MS Windows and/or UNIX platforms.
Desired Business Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Scrum or other agile development methodologies is desirable.
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in computer science or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an Implementation Architect role.
- Prior experience in developing web-based applications in a high-volume consumer business.