Manage the implementation of the OneShield Enterprise platform at a carrier with a focus on design, best practices and guidelines, process-compliance and technology. Importantly, this role works hand in hand with a Project Manager who has oversight on the project management and business requirements.
Provide guidance to project teams in designing and deploying insurance products, workflows, business rules, rating, forms mapping, etc. using the OneShield application, and integrate this system to a wider ecosystem of the insurance carrier technology infrastructure (heterogeneous platforms, tools, and technologies):
- Review requirements, create technical designs and prepare estimates.
- Participate in internal and external technical design sessions.
- Create the implementation calendar of functionality and dates in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Manage developers to deliver to the above calendar.
- Create Software Change Requests (SCRs) related to requirements and allocate to implementation developers.
- Rapidly identify and address scope creep.
- Triage SCRs related to requirements, enhancements, and defects daily.
- Triage resource/asset utilization daily.
- Ensure that developers deliver accurate and detailed release notes.
- Manage peer reviews of code/configuration/documents.
- Communicate with business users and project teams including project managers
- Work closely with functional partners and global subcontractors/vendors, end-users, and other support teams to resolve operational or application issues.
- Motivate the team to get a high quality of work and sustained throughput.
- Develop the skills of team members and work with HR to develop team talent.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Object oriented design skills.
- Relational database experience.
- Experience with metadata-based systems.
- Strong software de elopement experience in any modern language.
- Should have good understanding on SDLC processes and their implementation.
- Exposure to ISO/SEI-CMM Level4/5 certification.
Some of these skills are desirable so as to better estimate and manage development:
- Object Oriented Programming.
- Core Java and advanced Java.
- JSP, Servlets, JSF, Web Services.
- XML, XPATH, XSLT, AJAX, UML and Design Patterns.
- Struts 2.x, Spring, Hibernate (added advantage).
- Experience with C++, Java, PL/SQL, T-SQL, etc.
Some of these skills are desirable so as to estimate better and manage development:
- RDBMS Concepts, writing and debugging SQL and PL/SQL programs.
- Hands on experience on Oracle SQL Developer, Tomcat, and Eclipse, Version Manager will be a plus.
Desired Business Skills:
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Insurance or Financial Services business experience – preferred, but not mandatory.
- Candidate should have architectural review, design and critical data analysis skills.
- Candidate should have project management skills and experience, specifically managing medium to large scale business application implementations.
- People Management / Interpersonal skills – experience dealing effectively with people in various roles
- Proven ability to work under pressure and challenging conditions, in a multilingual/global environment across continents and time zones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering/Non-Computer Science engineering field. A master’s degree will be a plus.
- Bachelor/master’s degree in science/mathematics/management field with a computer background and exceptional logical and analytical skills.
- Project Management and other related certification will be a plus.
- 8+ years in a business application development role.
- Candidate should have experience in implementing an ERP solution.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 2 years in leadership capacities, either as a development manager or a technical team leader.
- OneShield Enterprise knowledge will be a plus.