If you are looking for a challenging career opportunity as a Program Director, we want to hear from you. In this role, the successful candidate leads highly visible and complex client implementations, manages strategic direction, plans, schedules, and ensures successful delivery within scope and budget. The Program Director has full responsibility for large project teams with multiple simultaneous workstreams and requires having insight and understanding of the individual workstreams and ensuring adherence to established program governance. The role requires providing our clients with strategic and consultative guidance at the project and executive levels and across the client and OneShield organizations. Senior-level consultative insurance industry delivery experience is a must!
Here is a snapshot of a day in the life of a Program Director at OneShield!
- Maintain regular, direct interaction and communication with the full range of client business stakeholders from analysts to C-level and internal OneShield, Inc. senior management;
- Supporting all teams leads (PM’s, BA’s, Delivery, QA, etc.) of a large legacy system replacement project providing guidance and oversight;
- Manage the primary program documentation, including leading the Define Phase;
- Mentoring and helping project managers to develop and manage project plans, change requests, risk assessments, resource utilization, and communications;
- Managing business analysts to blueprint the project by following established program governance;
- Ensuring program governance (decision matrix and guide rails) are adhered to;
- Continuous program monitoring and knowledge of progress;
- Managing the program’s budget;
- Managing risks and issues and taking corrective measurements;
- Coordinating the workstreams and their interdependencies;
- Aligning the deliverables (outputs) to the program’s “outcome” with the aid of the VP Program Consulting.
- Candidate must have demonstrated success leading and managing several large, complex, multi-phase projects with a minimum of 5 years of program or project management experience in the insurance industry, preferably in the P&C market;
- Candidate must have exceptional client relationship management with strong communication skills;
- Candidate must have the ability to manage large teams and build highly motivated and empowered professionals;
- Extensive management experience in application development methodologies and standards.
Education, Work Experience, Industry Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred;
- 10-15 years’ experience (of which five years of program or project management experience in the insurance industry, preferably in the P&C market);
- PMP preferred;
- Ability to travel extensively (Pre-Covid approximately 60%, will evaluate percentage based on new clients).