Quality Assurance Analyst
Our QA’s work with Product Managers and Development team to understand features and technical implementation, and ensure our sites, products, and platforms perform to industry-beating quality levels. The person is expected to be result oriented, good interpersonal skills, and should be able to work both independently and in a team environment. It is expected that the person must strive to raise the bar of QA practices and establish high quality test standards.
- Develop, maintain and execute smoke, regression, functional, performance and other test cases as needed. Ensure test cases have full traceability back to business requirements and technical specifications.
- Be able to understand the software internals, debug issues, review logs and write automated tests with scripting and automation tools.
- Develop, maintain and communicate the testing metrics to the stakeholders on regular basis.
- Mentor other Associate QA Analysts assigned to the project.
- Log and retest defects.
- Identify and maintain test data requirements.
- Assist on internal process improvement initiatives.
Desired Technical Skills
- Exposure to ISO/SEI-CMM level processes, standards and procedures.
- Experience in cross browser/environment testing.
- Must be able to author and execute backend database tests within MSSQL using SQL statements.
- Web service testing (SOAP/REST).
- Experience with web service technology like XML, REST, SOAP.
- Experience with open source test tools/frameworks like JUnit, NUnit, TestNG, Selenium.
Desired Business Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language.
- Exceptional logical and analytical skills.
- Must be well-versed in software processes and methodologies.
- Property and Casualty Insurance experience strongly preferred.
- Experience using Jira desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems / Computer Science / Engineering / Science / Mathematics with computer background.
- Vendor based or Vendor neutral Standard/QA/Testing certifications.
- 2+ years of experience in testing web-based applications.