Reporting to VP Sales, the Sales Engineer will work as part of a team providing technical pre-sales support for OneShield sales opportunities. A critical role in the sales process, Sales Engineers, must be excellent collaborators and have insurance specific knowledge to understand prospect pain points and demonstrate and discuss how OneShield Enterprise will address the challenges. The Sales Engineers primary responsibility will be demonstrating OneShield Enterprise’s components of Policy, Billing, and Claims. The successful candidate will be an efficient communicator and presenter. Previous demonstration experience and proficiency in commercial lines insurance will be considered a bonus.
- Help qualify deals with sales using their deep understanding of the product.
- Work with product and technology teams to understand new features and functions and how that translates to business benefits for sales and marketing.
- Interact, collaborate, and listen to customers throughout the selling process to ensure their needs are adequately understood and addressed.
- Create and deliver product demonstrations, including product overviews, detailed demonstrations, and client-driven scripted deep dives and ‘hands-on’ sessions.
- Assist in producing RFP’s through authoring responses to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Understand, translate, and map the client’s functional or business requirements to the product offerings and help the customer evaluate the benefit.
- Coordinate internal review meetings and presentations while working with other members of the sales team or related support function teams.
- In conjunction with Sales Executive, collect and document prospective customer requirements based on customer interactions and work internally with Technical groups to create and refine the client presentations.
- Support the sales team selling efforts while fostering strong relationships with prospective clients.
- Support marketing initiatives through trade show activities and marketing material development.
- Ensure a smooth transition to the business’s technical teams and functional requirements agreed with the customer and enable initial hand-holding and relationship building with customers.
- 5+ years’ experience in the insurance core software industry, specifically in the vendor sector; specifically, previous commercial lines business analyst experience would be a bonus.
- Some technical knowledge of applications.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical and business information.
- Strong coordination, organization, engagement, and presentation abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results working independently and as a team member with a clear sense of urgency.
- Developed problem-solving skills as demonstrated by examples of creative and out of the box solutions to business issues.
- Travel 30% supporting strategic sales needs.