Senior System (Infrastructure and Network) Engineer
The Senior System (Infrastructure and Network) Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and improving IT infra and network performance for OneShield’s diverse infrastructure, including on-premises and cloud-hosted environments.
- Deliver end to end technical and user support across all platforms (On-premise, Azure, AWS)
- Deliver AWS and Azure-based design (HLD and LLD) of the different components to meet the customer and business expectations in a cost-effective manner
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot AWS-based applications, EC2 instances, storage, backup, network configuration, automation, DR, backup, and recovery
- Ensure robust server patching schedules are in place and meticulously followed to help reduce security-related incidents.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts around cost optimization, security enhancement, performance optimization, operational efficiency, and innovation.
- Ensure system documentation remains up to date and designed according to AWS/Azure best-practice templates.
- Ability to automate manual processes using standard scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, or Python and configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Use monitoring tools to ensure all cloud / on-premise services are continuously monitored.
- Design Low-Level Detailed Migration Plans for Workloads from Physical or Virtual Servers to AWS.
- Migration of Physical and Virtual OS (Hyper-V, VMware, and Azure) to AWS using various Tools as P-to-V and V-to-V.
- Performing POC for different tools used in assessment, migration, testing.
- Strong knowledge of networking, understanding of packet flow, and TCP session establishment.
- Troubleshoot bandwidth, latency, and loss network performance issues.
- Able to read and understand packet captures with tools like tcpdump and Wireshark.
- Work on WAN technologies, RAVPN, spanning-tree, VLANs, L2 Switching technologies, IPSEC, and Firewalls.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN Technologies with SaaS, IaaS (AWS, vCHS, Azure), virtualization, and hypervisors, including VMware vSphere MS HyperV, or Citrix Xen.
- Should be able to install and troubleshoot installation-related problems for applications like Apache and IIS.
- Able to work with SSO and MFA tools/applications.
Desired Technical Skills
- Excellent understanding of IT systems infrastructure and best practices.
- Excellent understanding of on-premises and cloud architecture (AWS, Azure).
- Extensive Hands-on experience on Linux operating system (Centos/ Redhat).
- Experience in managing MS Windows server, DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory.
- Excellent understanding of on-premises and cloud architecture.
- Experience in Ansible, Shell scripting, and Python.
- Experience in Infrastructure and Network Designing.
- Hands-on experience on Cisco switches, firewalls, and routers.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and IP addressing concepts.
- Experience with Proxy Servers lie NGINX, Apache.
- Track budget expenses.
- Project management.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Desired Business Skills
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Team player.
- A full-time Bachelors’/Masters’ Degree from a recognized university.
- AWS and Azure Certification will be preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in Network Engineering