Software Architect Java
As Software Architect, you will lead the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. Your role will be to design innovative solutions to address real market problems. You will work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones.
- Identify and develop appropriate software architecture based on requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure that system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements, industry trends, and technologies.
- Create detailed software design and implement and/or maintain code according to assigned responsibilities.
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers in creating detailed software design specifications.
- Lead software architecture documents review process.
- Analyze risks and report problems in meeting system architecture requirements.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compliance schedule.
- Perform periodic evaluation of application performance and security aspects.
- Comply with product development processes.
- Ensure the overall integrity of the software architecture and validate it against the system specification.
- Integrate internal and external product design to deliver a cohesive user experience.
- Perform POC as per project requirements.
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience with Services and Microservices based architecture.
- Experience with Horizontally scalable applications.
- Experience with Redis, ActiveMq, and ELK would be a great plus. If not then knowledge of any other similar tools is required.
- Mastery in Object-Oriented Design, Data Structures, Algorithms, and Programming including full software development life cycle.
- Exposure to OOPS concepts and Java programming.
- Exposure to application servers such as Websphere, JBoss, etc.
- Exposure to version control management tools such as SVN, Git, etc.
- Experience in JDBC, SQL, and relational database management systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, or DB2 is required. Exposure to Oracle PL/SQL is a plus.
- Expertise in developing high-performance, dependable and secure client/server applications for MS Windows and/or UNIX platforms.
Desired Business Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Scrum or other agile development methodologies is desirable.
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in computer science or related field.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Software Architect role.
- Prior experience in developing web-based applications in a high-volume consumer business.