To view this experience, please upgrade to the latest one of these browsers.
Considering a career with OneShield? In a recent OneShield employee survey, our team members cited flexibility, comfortable environment, talented fellow employees, good work/life balance, and a sense of accomplishment among the reasons they like working here. Many also enjoy our client-focused and dynamic approach to doing business.
"OneShield is an open and relaxed environment. Conversations come naturally between employees, as everyone who works here is super friendly and welcoming. I believe with a comfortable work environment, we are able to do our jobs better. Happy employees = a successful business."
"OneShield offers a fast-paced work environment, which provides a foundation for learning, creativity, and advancement. The workforce at OneShield is motivated, and allows for a supportive environment and more productive team efforts."
They’re not alone. Industry analysts recognize OneShield as a leader in the insurance technology business. "OneShield stands out as one of the most flexible modern systems," said Chad Hersh of research and advisory firm Novarica
This industry recognition is encouraging significant growth and opportunity for our company. That means, more than ever, we are interested in attracting the best talent in the business.
We live our values every minute of every day. Our values shape our culture internally and reflect how we conduct our business externally with our valued clients and industry partners.
We value our employee partners. We want to attract the right people to enable business growth and create a long term employee community. We are dedicated to finding the right solutions, acting with honesty and integrity, building trust and forging strong relationships.
Department: Information Technology
OneShield, Inc. has an opening for a Technical Support Engineer/Help Desk Support Role. Start and grow your IT career at OneShield!
This role presents an exciting opportunity for an individual seeking an entry level position within their career at a growing company.
This role will be part of the Technical Operations / Infrastructure Division working with the team which is responsible for supporting OneShield’s Marlborough, MA, remote India offices and assisting the US remote office community. The position will require the building and administration of both new and existing hardware for domestic and international clients. Job roles include the following:
1) Be the primary point of contact for end-user support and communication. This includes initial phone support and triage, troubleshooting, tracking, documenting, and responding to problems as they arise in our ticketing system. This will be a primary responsibility and requires good time management, communication, and organization as it is a fast-paced and demanding environment.
2) Provide assistance to senior engineers as requested and take on projects to further enhance or improve OneShield’s infrastructure and operations.
3) Routinely maintain and deploy software and endpoint security solutions using tools such as Ghost and Microsoft System Center 2012. This position requires hands-on experience with multiple versions of the Microsoft Windows operating systems to achieve optimum performance.
4) Strong accountability, analytical, organizational and communication skills are a must. As is the ability to work in a team oriented environment, provide customer service and basic step by step training to the end user community.
5) Perform software distribution, patch management, maintenance and basic troubleshooting to Windows PC’s. Working knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, Lync Server, VMWare ESX, Linux, and Microsoft System Center 2012 will greatly aid your success in this role but not required as an entry level position.
6) Submit weekly status reports, escalate outstanding and problematic issues to senior staff.
7) Assist in maintaining the corporate Veeam system and backup tape rotation as well as inventory with Iron Mountain. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of deployment images to OneShield workstations.
8) Work with vendors to quote, order, receive, and distribute new hardware and software solutions.
9) Be part of our on-call rotation to provide after-hours support.
10) Document "How to" procedures, best practices, and record daily audit check of company-wide systems.
A successful candidate in this role will have the following skillsets:
Demonstrated Documentation, Problem Solving and Troubleshooting.
Excellent Verbal and Written Communications Skills.
Customer Service focused mindset when helping end-users.
Proactively address opportunities to improve operations.
Long Term Goal and Solution Oriented.
Ability to participate in a dynamic Team environment and interact with multiple departmental personnel to troubleshoot or resolve problems and issues.
Motivated with an eagerness to learn and work with minimal supervision.
Participates in an occasional after-hours support and weekend administration.
Assist in End User Support connecting thru Cisco VPN Client and ASA AnyConnect VPN is a plus but not required.
Unique, innovative ideas and concepts, ability to think outside the box!
0-3 years of experience
Knowledge of Workstation and Server operating systems Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, Windows 7
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Family of Products
Knowledge of basic Active Directory and Exchange tools and administration
Ability to search for answers independently and ask questions to achieve problem resolution
Knowledge of Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2
Knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10
Knowledge of Office 365
Knowledge of Skype for Business
Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
Knowledge of VMWare vSphere ESXi 5.1+
Knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Knowledge of PuTTY
No Phone Calls Please
No Recruiter Calls PleaseApply Now